Application for Death cum Retirement Benefit

Discussion in 'DCRB Scheme' started by rudra, Oct 27, 2012.

1. rudra

rudra Novice

Hi,

My father expired on the last June, while he was still in service with the West Bengal state government. My mother was trying to apply for the family pension. She has been asked to fill up and apply twice. Every time they are giving some filled up sample form and asked first to make a new form from it and then fill up it. Before the pooja, they have said again that the format is changed. It is quite painful for her to go create the form from a sample one given from the office and then fill it up.

Can you please provide me the pdf form or any link to it, for the death cum retirement benefit scheme:

"A single comprehensive form as per memo number 398 - F(10), dated 13-09-2012"

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely
    Rudra.

2. som

som Inactive Member

First of all welcome to this forum and I express my sincere sympathy for the unfortunate loss. I think this is the responsibility of the Office to providing the facility of the DCRB scheme. Its really strange to know that the Office is bypassing the responsibility. Anyway you may have an excel utility which can prepare all the requisites papers in an easy way. Click the link below. Best of luck. http://www.askwb.com/threads/simple-death-pension-in-excel-sdp.344/

3. rudra

rudra Novice

Thank you for your quick response. I do not have any idea regarding DCRB how the experience is with other wb-employee families. Should we keep patience and continue to follow their advices again and again or is there any way to take this issue to some high authority who can take proper action to pursue our pension, GPF and other factors related with this? Can some senior/experienced persons from this forum suggest me how to get the work done in such a situation?

Best regards,

R.

4. som

som Inactive Member

As your father expired in June and there is no action has yet been taken for payment of Death benefit, I think it should be brought to the notice of the Higher authorities. The following should be paid to your family at the earliest.
    1. Final Payment of G.P.F. & G.I.S.S.
    2. Arrear salary (If any)
    3. Leave Salary
    4. Death Gratuity.
    5. Family Pension.
    6. Funeral expenses.

If you can provide me all the details of your father, I can help you to calculate some of them.
    Required Data are:
    1. Date of Birth.
    2. Date of Appointment.
    3. Date of Death.
    4. Last Basic (Band +Grade Pay)
    5. No of E.L. at credit. etc.

Please look at the excel utility, You can have all the data from the Service book and enter there. I hope it will be very much helpful to you. :)

5. rudra

rudra Novice

Dear Som,

Thank you so much for your kind and elaborate reply. These information are very helpful. With the help of your excel file I would try to make up the file.
    I would personally send the detail of my father in case I have any problem in making the file.

I would then contact with the office again. In case I do not have sufficient co-operation from the office, with your kind help I would like to take issue to the corresponding higher authority.

I am very much thankful for your help.

Sincerely yours,
    Rudra

6. som

som Inactive Member

You are welcome dear Rudra. One thing I would like to inform you that you need to submit copy of Death certificate and separate applications in plain paper claiming all the dues/benefits to the office. You can also place an application for appointment in compassionate ground in prescribed proforma within six months of death. The proforma is available in this forum in excel. Click the link below. http://www.askwb.com/threads/useful-forms-in-excel.257/

7. rudra

rudra Novice

Dear Som,

Can you please elaborate a little bit more about the above statement? Did you mean that to request and apply for a job for my mother/brother there is a time limit of six months from the death of expire in compassionate ground?

We are processing our files.

Best regards,
    Rudra

8. som

som Inactive Member

As per G.O. No. 80-Emp. Dated 2nd April, 2008 The dependent of an employee seeking appointment on compassionate ground shall henceforth make an application in the prescribed proforma within six months from the date of death of the deceased employee or his retirement on permanent disablement. If no application is submitted within this stipulated period, it will be presumed that the family does not require immediate financial assistance.

9. rudra

rudra Novice

This is a very important info that I received. Thanks a lot!!!!

10. som

som Inactive Member

You are welcome Dear Rudra. I am glad to help you :)

11. rudra

rudra Novice

As per the office, there is an updated form to apply for a job in this situation. The most updated form number is:

Single Comprehensive Form (As per memo No. 398 F (Pen) dt. 13/9/12, of Govt. of West Bengal, Finance Deptt.)
    Can you please kindly upload this form as soon as possible?

I am not even sure if it is 398 or 378. They provide use a very bad quality paper, and not readable. Some part of it
    I scanned and added as a sample.

Best regards,

Rudra

Attached Files:

12. nemo

nemo Staff Member

13. som

som Inactive Member

No, Your idea is wrong.
    Single Comprehensive Form is not for application for Service on Compassionate Ground. Rather its for Pension, Family Pension, Gratuity, Death Gratuity, C.V.P. etc.
    There is an another Form for application on compassionate ground is available.
    I am uploading both the files for you in a single zip file .

Attached Files:

14. rudra

rudra Novice

@nemo.
    Thank you for your quick response. We have filled up these two forms, what I earlier downloaded from internet, and submitted the documents, then one of the officer from the office is saying that it has become old, and what he provided, which is completely unreadable else I myself could make the new file, is the most updated one. I went to the WB gov finance dep webpage, even there I could not find any pension related memo issued on September. Any help?

15. rudra

rudra Novice

In this new format, instead 39 columns there are 42 columns and there are some changes. This is the first page of the new single comprehensive form, as per them for the pension etc. this is with the memo number 398 F(Pen) dt. 13/9/12. But, again to mention, it is not readable at all. So, if anyone of you can give me some excel or any other format of the new form, it would be very helpful.

Attached Files:

16. rudra

rudra Novice

Dear Som,

Sorry for any confusion. You are very right, and I am also aware of it, that Single Comprehensive Form is not for application for Service on Compassionate Ground. Rather its for Pension, Family Pension, Gratuity, Death Gratuity, C.V.P. etc. There is an another Form for application on compassionate ground is available.

However, the main issue is that as per the office there is a new format of this Single Comprehensive Form, with new memo number the memo number 398 F(Pen) dt. 13/9/12. However, I could not get it from anywhere. You are the expert, who can only help me at this circumstances.

Best regards,
    Rudra

17. som

som Inactive Member

Dear Rudra.
    I have practical experience to deal with these kind of cases and I keep myself updated as much as possible but never seen such kind of single comprehensive form published this year.
    You may try the form which I have uploaded and I am sure that its the latest.
    We recently solved some death cases with that form by the help of the excel utility and there was no objection from the A.G.W.B.
    You may keep faith upon me.

18. rudra

rudra Novice

Dear Som,

This is just to add to our discussion.

I spoke few minutes back with Sr. Accounts Officer/ Pension(Cord) at the AGWB office. According to him, indeed there is a change in the form and the form 359, which is no more applicable, is updated with more information. I tried my best to search this single comprehensive form as per memo no. 398 F (Pen) dt 13/09/2012, even from the finance department website, but failed. He told me that the form might not be uploaded in the website yet, but must have been sent to some district headquarters. I would upload if I can collect this new form and also a request to other readers/moderators of this site to upload this new form if anyone of you have it.

With best regards,

Rudra

19. som

som Inactive Member

Dear Rudra.
    You may be right.
    Since there is no publication in the Govt. websites, we are unable to get ourself updated. Please provide me some time, I have requested some of my friends and I am expecting to have some positive reply at the earliest.

20. rudra

rudra Novice

Thank you, Som. I am requesting my friends as well. But, till now no hope. But the information that the form is changed is correct. We can see the page that I uploaded in one of my previous post. In addition, I personally spoke over phone with two different persons who are related with these offices. I don't think I have wrong info from both of them. So, it would be great for me as well as others if you or someone else can upload that form.

Thank you and best regards,

Rudra