Whether NSOU is NCTE recognized?

Discussion in 'Higher Study' started by A_Mallik, Jun 1, 2015.

1. A_Mallik

A_Mallik Novice

Is the ODL B.Ed degree of NSOU , NCTE recognized ? The name of NSOU is absent in NCTE recognized institution list(in NCTE website). There is only the name of burdwan university from west Bengal for odl b.ed .

2. mihiracharya

mihiracharya Staff Member

The University is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) u/s 2(f) vide letter No.F. 9-2-97 (CPP-I) dated 26 August, 1998.

The University is recognized by Distance Education Council (DEC) vide letter No. f/EC/OU/Recog/2008 dated 8 April, 2008.

The University is recognized by Govt. of West Bengal vide letter No. 316-SE(Aptt.) dated 21 March 2000 and 501-SE(A)/10M-51/99 dated 15 May 2000.

Reference: http://wbnsou.ac.in/wbnsou/index.php/2012-08-21-14-12-41/recognition.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
    sourishjal likes this.
  3. sourishjal

sourishjal Staff Member

Although Mihir Da has already dispelled all your confusion, yet I should suggest you not to get worried about that because there exists a G.O. directing one to get admitted to NSOU for B.Ed. I am posting the G.O.

Attached Files:

4. sourishjal

sourishjal Staff Member

I am now posting the UGC recognition order for NSOU and IGNOU for ODL for the session 2015-16.

Attached Files:

mihiracharya and asif like this.
  5. Aloke

Aloke Novice

1. The University is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) u/s 2(f) vide letter No.F. 9-2-97 (CPP-I) dated 26 August, 1998.

2. The University is recognized by Distance Education Council (DEC) vide letter No. f/EC/OU/Recog/2008 dated 8 April, 2008.

3. The University is recognized by Govt. of West Bengal vide letter No. 316-SE(Aptt.) dated 21 March 2000 and 501-SE(A)/10M-51/99 dated 15 May 2000.

If anyone have the above 3 recognition letters copies of WBNSOU then pls upload those copies here... because in their website only letter nos. are given... But I have need that copies also...

asif likes this.
  6. Is ODL mode B.ed from NSOU is validated by NCTE? Can we apply for central jobs on this basis?

nemo likes this.