1) The Committee of each institution shall constitute an Academic Council composed of the Head of the Institution, the Assistant Headmaster or Assistant Headmistress , if there be any ,as the may be , and not more than 3 members elected from amongst the members of the teaching staff including the Librarian AND THE ASST.LIBRARIAN where there is one ,working against sanctioned posts or sanctioned additional posts for not less than two years.
2) The H.M. will be the President and Assistant Headmaster or Assistant Headmistress will be the Secretary of the said council. Where there is no Assistant Headmaster or Assistant Headmistress, one from amongst the elected members shall be elected Secretary of the Academic Council. In case of any causal vacancy, it shall be filled by the election at a meeting convened for the purpose and the H.M. shall preside over the meeting.
3) If the school is Higher Secondary recognised by W.B.C.H.S.E. the total numbers of the members of the Academic Council does not exceed 5 (five).
4) After the construction of the new M.C. the H.M. shall convene a meeting within one month from the first meeting of the newly constructed M.C. and the teacher-members including librarian /asstt.librarian ,the Academic Council shall be elected in that meeting. The Head of the institution shall convene the meeting once in every two months in an academic years.
5) The council may discuss matters connected with (a) admission,(b) promotion, (c)selection of books,(d) time table of school hours and (e)matter related to the improvement of teaching and co-curricular activities.The H.M. shall ordinarily, be guided by the advice of the council. But the H.M. may for reasons to be recorded in writing OVER-RULE the advice of the council.If any member of the council who may be in disagreement with the decision taken by the H.M. may refer the matter to the M.C.,whose decision thereon shall be final. Selection of the books shall be final with the consultation of the subject teachers. In selecting books, should exercise with great care and a book prescribed, allowed to continue at least for 3 years, unless there are complling reasons for a change.