Income Tax Calculator 2015-16

Discussion in 'Excel Utility' started by sudip83, Sep 14, 2015.

1. sudip83

sudip83 Novice

Can any one prepare and upload a simple income tax calculator in Excel format for off-line tax calculation. I find here Tax Calculator 2014-15; can it calculate the tax for FY 2015-16?

2. gpgarain

gpgarain Following You. Staff Member

Yes, the tax slab for FY 2014-15 and FY 2015-16 are same. So it can calcuate the tax for this FY also.

3. g_patra

g_patra Member

Go to E-Filing (Income Tax, India) --> log in with your PAN (keep ready your Mobile & E-mail) --> view left hand side (1) Tax Calculator (to calculate only taxable income), (2) download e-filing (file) for offline calculation in Excel, (3) Quick e-file --> ATR-1, (for online calculation)

nemo likes this.
  4. sudip83

sudip83 Novice

Thanks gpgarain @ g-patra babu.

5. nemo

nemo Staff Member

gpgarain likes this.
  6. gpgarain

Download the Simple Income Tax Calculator for FY- 2015-16. This Excel Utility calculates Income Tax of Salaried Person. It also prepares Form 16.

7. amitava

amitava Active Member

It seems that more tax benefit can be enjoyed in F.Y. 2016-17 since the rebate under section 87A of Income Tax Act has been enhanced to Rs. 5000/- in stead of Rs. 2000/- as applicable in the previous year (i.e. F.Y. 2015-16) for taxable income upto Rs. 5,00,000/- for Indian individuals.

8. can i use the simple-income-tax-calculator-2015-16 to asses the Income tax for FY-2016-17?

9. mihiracharya

mihiracharya Staff Member

No, use this format to asses the Income tax for FY-2016-17.

Attached Files:

b_roy likes this.
  10. gpgarain

b_roy likes this.
  11. amitava

amitava Active Member

@mihiracharya D.A. should be changed to 85% for Jan & Feb 2017. Please correct.

12. amitava

amitava Active Member

13. mihiracharya

mihiracharya Staff Member

Please calculate 10 % of D.A and put the same in arrears.