INCREMENT AFTER ODL B.Ed.

Discussion in 'Pay & Allowances' started by udayanphysics, Nov 11, 2014.

1. udayanphysics

udayanphysics Novice

If date of last exam is 20/01/15 when the increment start .Increment stopped 1/7/13.

2. mihiracharya

mihiracharya Staff Member

An increment may be allowed on 21/01/15, but cash benefit will avail after the submission of result from the date of last examination. If the incumbent takes an increment on 21/01/15 then the date of next increment will be on 01/07/16.
    Thanks a lot.

3. ranjanm0091

ranjanm0091 Novice

My Question is
    If some one do not take increment on 21/01/15 then will (s)he will be eligible for double increment on 01/07/15?

4. sourishjal

sourishjal Staff Member

No. Between 1st January and 1st July of a same calendar year an in incumbent is allowed to have one increment unless it is the case of 10 year or 18 year additional increment. By the way, the moment you submit your mark sheet along with the declaration of last date of exam, your increment will come to be in effect from the next day of your last exam.

5. udayanphysics

udayanphysics Novice

Thanks . But as last date is 20/01/15 then why incremental benefit take from 21/01015?

6. sourishjal

sourishjal Staff Member

It goes as per directions of ROPA-2009.

7. g_patra

g_patra Member

Can't get you. Be kind enough to clarify the first line.

8. gpgarain

gpgarain Following You. Staff Member

Here is the Clarification.

9. but jalpaiguri has issued an order for double increment

10. gpgarain

I don't know what is the basis of such order issued by the DI/s of Jalpaiguri. But as far as my knowledge goes, double increment is allowed to an incumbent only in case of 10/20 years incremental benefit. Anyway, all these are my personal understanding and, of course, my personal suggestion to my friends not to take double increment in case of completion of B.Ed. Under these circumstances, if any DI/s issues such order for double increment, there is no barrier to accept this benefit for the staff under his jurisdiction. But in this case, I would also suggest those who are accepting these benefit to download the following Order and keep safely to avoid future complications. Thanks.

Attached Files:

11. gpgarain

Now the Previous Order for Double increment by DI/s of Jalpaiguri mentioned in my previous post has been withdrawn.

Attached Files:

12. sourishjal

sourishjal Staff Member

But the above ORDER is now invalid as it has been withdrawn by the concerned D.I.

13. gpgarain

@sourish
    The above order is that of withdrawal of the previous one.

14. mihiracharya

mihiracharya Staff Member

ODL exam. has completed on 18th January.
    So, If can receive increment for passing the B.ED exam, from 19th Jan, then how is it cover 6 months on 01.07.2015?
    Stopping increment, (I think) a punishment for an incumbent, when the incumbent fulfill the condition (passed the said B.Ed), then the stopped increment will be restart only. And this restart falls on 19/01/15, then how it possible to get next increment on 01/07/15?
    I think a clarification must need from DSE for such notification.

15. Nibaran

Nibaran Novice

Grain sir please let me know about the 18yrs benefit in details.My date of joining is 28.05.1997.Is it possible to get the extra benefit from27.05.2015?

16. gpgarain

First, stop calling "Sir" to any member here.

You will complete 18 years of service on 27-05-2015. So you are entitled to get 18 years benefit on and from 28-05-2015 @ 3% increment and additional Rs.300/- Grade Pay to your existing Rs. 4100/-. But in that case you will not get the annual increment on 01-07-2015. Your next increment will be on 01-07-2016.

Alternately, you may opt to take your 18 years benefit on 01-07-2015. In that case you will get double increment on 01-07-2015 and additional Grade Pay of Rs.300/-.
    So it would be better to go for 2nd option for you. You will have to apply to the Secretary of the MC with the option to take your 18 years benefit on 01-07-2015. The MC will forward your Application along with the Resolution of the MC to the DIs. After the DIs approves the prayer, you will get the benifit on 01-07-2015.

First, 3% increment to your existing Basic Pay will be calculated, then another 3% increment to the new Basic Pay will be calculated and finally Rs. 300/- Grade Pay will be added to it. And this will be your final Basic Pay on 01-07-2015.

nemo and asif like this.
  17. Is there any G.O to get 2 extra increment after completion of Ph.D degree ? I am an Asstt. Teacher in a Govt. Sponsored school in west bengal.

18. gpgarain

Here it is.

Attached Files:

Shreya Bhattacharjee likes this.
  19. after the publication of the above mentioned G.O. is there any cancellation order by Govt. in this matter? I have recently completed my Ph.D degree and at the time of submission my thesis my H.M had given me the N.O.C . In that case do I eligible to get these two extra increment?

20. nemo

nemo Staff Member

gpgarain likes this.