SBI MOBILE BANKING: MONEY NOT REFUNDED FOR FAILED TRANSACTON

Discussion in 'Grievance' started by b_roy, Jun 11, 2012.

1. b_roy

b_roy Well-Known Member

Friends, here is a really upsetting experience with SBI. I generally recharge my mobile/friend's mobile using SBI mobile banking. More than a month ago I tried to top up a BSNL no with Rs. 100/- . It failed and received an sms with a code and a message like this "your request is timed out. contact your branch after 7 days if the service is not fulfilled and amount not reversed. code =934" I also got a separate'Tid' for each case. I again tried to top up the same no. as there was urgency and I got the same result. In both these cases the money was debited and thus total Rs. 200/- was debited. I visited the Bank before seven days for some other work and I inform them the matter. But the branch said that they have no idea about Mobile Banking and they are not in a position to help in this regard. Then I contacted the help line and they asked me to contact the kolkata office and provided some no. But in spite of my repeated attempt I could not be connected with them (no one received the phone though I called in the office hours). However I send an email at the address provided in SBI website for problem regarding Mobile Banking. I received no response. Then I submitted an online complaint. And this time I got an acknowledgement mail with a complaint no from SBI... and after that almost a month is elapsed but I have not got any answer. Now what should I do ? should it be taken to consumer forum? It will not be possible to visit offices (for lack of time and it will actually cost much more than what already lost)? Is it possible to make consumer complaint online?
    Please guide my friend so that I can use the technology of mobile Banking more freely without the fear of any hassle.
    Thanks in advance...

2. som

som Inactive Member

Re: SBI MOBILE BANKING: MONEY NOT REFUNDED FOR FAILED TRANSA

Hi friend. i also use Mobile banking (SBI Freedom) but never faced such problem. The procedure you followed seems correct. You may further contact the helpline and ask their attention on your complain.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  3. asif

asif Staff Member

I have SBI net banking facility for more than 3 years which I am enjoying very happily. In many occasion (mobile recharge, IRCTC ticket booking) while online payment, connection was timed out. But in each case a refund occurred within 12-48 hrs. I had to never complain anybody. This was about onlinesbi.com - the best net banking facility in India.
    I don't have mobile banking facility, but was thinking for getting one. Now, I think I should not go or that. Its really painful if somebody have to go through the above process from his busy schedule in these days.
    @ b_roy: You may lodge a complaint at http://www.consumercourt.in

4. b_roy

b_roy Well-Known Member

@ asif: I'll say that you should go for the mobile banking service because one or two problem should not be given so much importance. we can fight against them to get better service. I'm sill using the service with out problem though i'm upset with the experience I have had as a customer. On the other hand I encourage my friends to opt for the service so that I can get a scope to learn about the service more from them. And I think if conscious persons like you go for this the Bank will have to provide better service.

5. som

som Inactive Member

I an agree with you B.Roy. Its a good service of S.B.I. and we should take its advantages. However, I contacted the helpline to help you and had a long discussion with the representative. I told him all the fact and requested him to suggest something so that we can keep faith on S.B.I. He apologized and told the following trick. Send an SMS writing " UN HAPPY" to 8008202020. You will receive a call from some superior officer at the earliest. Wish you all the best.:)

6. b_roy

b_roy Well-Known Member

@ Som: Thanks friend for your effort to help me. I believe this kind of effort will give this forum an important position in our life. However I tried to find out the status of my complaint this afternoon and surprisingly get the result "no record found". It was really shocking. Then I tried to think on the other way and instead of make a call at the helpline. I send the "UNHAPPY" sms from my registered mobile no. and I received a reply sms that say I'll get a call back shortly and I'm also provided with an index no. But I'm yet to receive a call. I'm yet to register a complaint at the addresses provided by you ans Asif. actually I'm waiting to hear what SBI have to say before I move further and I'm also not sure how far my a/c account should be disclosed at these public forum and I'm thinking to lodge my complaint with http://pgportal.gov.in portal. I'm waiting for more suggestion from all of my friends in this forum.
    Should the sms be "UNHAPPY" instead of "UN HAPPY" ?

7. som

som Inactive Member

8. kayshikr

kayshikr Novice

For banking related grievances, the best place to lodge your complaint with is Banking Ombudsman. You may try this after your options with SBI are exhausted and before going to any consumer court or any court of law, if you wish so.

9. som

som Inactive Member

Is there any progress of the matter?

10. b_roy

b_roy Well-Known Member

Thanks Som for your post. I got a call from a representative of SBI the next day I sent the SMS. I told him all the things and he agreed to lodge a complaint and I asked if there is any thing to do from my end. He said nothing... I asked for the complaint no. he said no new complaint no will be be provided the Index no I received when I sent the sms will be enough but I have not got any response after that. Is the 48 hrs time line to attend the customer or to solve the problem? Please guide...

11. som

som Inactive Member

Thanks for the reply dear friend. Actually the response of SMS should be made within 48 hrs and I think it will take some time to met up the complain. Wish S.B.I. will take care of its reputation by making solution at the earliest.

12. b_roy

b_roy Well-Known Member

Waiting... but if I could get an idea about the approx time!!!...

13. b_roy

b_roy Well-Known Member

Wait comes to an end!!! Today Rs. 200/- (Rs. 100+100) has been given back to my account. Thanks Som da and all other friends for actively helping to resolve the issue. And of course Thanks to SBI for giving mmy money. But I'm not happy with the customer care service... i've got earlier of the issue.
    thanks to all once again...

14. som

som Inactive Member

Now I am very HAPPY. You may send a further SMS for lodging a complain against customer care service.

15. Habibulla

Habibulla Novice

Hi friends !
    I have a bitter experience about SBI Mobile Banking Freedom. Usually I am used to recharge mobile & transfer money from my a/c . On day I recharged my mobile @Rs. 149/ but my mobile is not recharged. So I was vary worried with this. Then I emailed to the head of SBI Mobile Banking. Then I got an acknowledgement from the site showing that your a/c will be credited within 10 working days. After 9 days later I found that my a/c is credited with same. I enclose a copy of instruction to refund money from SBI Mobile Banking.Please ignore if you already known it.
    http://www.sbi.co.in REDRESSAL FOR MBS AND IMPS or http://www.onlinesbi.com

Thanks to all my friends with regards.

Attached Files:

16. b_roy

b_roy Well-Known Member

Thanks Mr Habibulla for sharing your experience.

Attached Files:

17. pcdeka

pcdeka Novice

Sir
    on 24th May I have transferred Rs.34,700.00 (thirty five thousand seven hundred)through SBI Mobile banking IMPS service to MMID 9211100 (mobile no 9954203258)of Axis Bank.But after few moment I received one SMS that transfer request has been accepted(Tid 030232387841 ) and then I received another SMS that your fund transfer for Rs 34700.00 on 24-05-13 is timed out.pl check with your bank account (IMPS Ref no 314412333507)
    But it is unfortunate to inform you till 29th May/2013 the debited amount Rs.34700.00 has not been credited to my SBI sb account though the failed amount should be back to the r emitter account very next working day according to NPCL
    I have submitted a complaint to local SBI branch and also to the mailto:mb.support@sbi.co.in but till today I have not received any response from both of them.
    Therefore I request you please help me how to sort out and ivercome this problem

Putul Chandra Deka

18. b_roy

b_roy Well-Known Member

Friend, here I have quoted an earlier post by Som da for another problem where this sms worked and the problem was solved and hope it may help you. please let us know the result.
    And friend, please avoid putting contact no. in the post.
    Best of luck!

19. IMPS TRANSFER FAILED, BUT THE MONEY WAS DEBITED FROM THE ACC

Hello friends,
    I am really worried about a IMPS transfer failure which happened when I tried to transfer Rs 6500 from my SBI personal bank account to my HSBC personal bank account through my SBI personal banking online account. Normally I transfer through normal NEFT procedure, but this time I wanted to do it through IMPS, as I wanted quick transfer of funds. However the transfer got failed and the reason showed as "Error Occurred". I called up Customer Care and they said they would look into the issue. But they didn't give me any confirmed timeframe. Pathetic customer care service as usual!!! I can't expect anything better from SBI. Now I wish that i transferred the funds through normal NEFT procedure. But I am really worried about the whereabouts of the money!
    Can somebody please suggest what should I do, or what happens in these scenarios?
    Its Urgent! Please HELP somebody!

20. gpgarain

gpgarain Following You. Staff Member

In such cases please log into Welcome to PREPAID-SBI. Fill in the online form. Your ticket would be responded by the customer support team to your satisfaction.

Please check the status of the ticket by logging into State Bank of India. Customer Care> View Ticket