Source Bank Creation

Discussion in 'Opinion' started by adil85, Jun 22, 2012.

1. adil85

adil85 Member

Can not the Government Employees of this forum create a source bank which will be helpful to the members of this forum for getting the work done with their help to liberate the system from red tapeism which delays the issues till it dies its natural death or is of no use for the employee when the decision is taken ? I mean to say like you come to my office and I will help you and you will be helped by me in my office in hours of need of course for the genuine and lawful works? You know the genuine and lawful works get stuck in government offices since there is no scope of handling it by under table method. Dishonest get their work done by hook and crook and honest or people with no contact suffer. I am a new member at this site and I find that there is no dearth of sincere and dedicated government employees who are posting almost each G.O, policies ,news and advices to their fellows. Think sirs.....think over this. I had a discussion with my father who is an ACP in Kolkata Police and he appreciated my innovative idea. This he said would be a great bond which will develop in the employees sending shiverings in the spine of the obstruction creaters and would help every employee in the hour of his distress. Please suggest.....whether it will work or not?

2. kayshikr

kayshikr Novice

Nice idea! But how do we go about it? Many of the honest members here may not want to disclose their true identities, for the fear of persecution from the fellow dishonest people at their respective workplace. Have you thought about that?

3. nemo

nemo Staff Member

I noticed few cases in which people are extremely suffering due to the negligence of our system. If their cases are taken care by a smart person who will deal the issue with Govt. offices, their suffering will be an end. A proposal in this regard is initiated by one of our member here: https://www.askwb.com/threads/an-ambitious-proposal.503/
    But ultimately we failed to materialize the earlier proposal. Now I am little confused as well as optimist about this new proposal; let me understand this source bank concept. What will be our steps?

4. adil85

adil85 Member

Source Bank is nothing but inter-action with each other from different departments where the hon'ble members of this site are posted. It is exchange of knowledge as to how to proceed. Personal messages may be exchanged if the topic is personal.It will take time but it will yield result.I have viewed the topic https://www.askwb.com/threads/an-ambitious-proposal.503/ .RTI Act is a good solution for the rules or memos which are not easily available. In case if some one does not reply to the RTI queries, post it to me through this site and I would submit the application. RTI Act is good for the people who are living in Kolkata because the next step is the filing of complaint or firnal appeal with the WB Information Commission. I would advice the members to go to the website"lawyersclubIndia.com" and discuss whether we can develop this site in the same fashion like Ask the expert etc.etc. Our topic will be only Service Laws and Rules of West Bengal.

5. b_roy

b_roy Well-Known Member

Hope your help will be helpful for many of us.

6. b_roy

b_roy Well-Known Member

I feel two topic started by Mr Rahaman (this topic and "United we stand, divided we fall") have some similarity and if there would have been any possibility of getting them together, it would have been easier to discuss.
    However let's come back to the topic. First of all I again appreciate your thoughts once again but ... I've some doubts rather fears... according to the proposal there would be personal contact (through this forum) and there will be 'mutual- service'... and we may not know the real identity of people. Thus many 'bad' people may register themselves in the source bank and may cheat us (or there is a good chance for help illegally) thus there will be a great fear of corruption perform inside the site though quite unintentionally. So there should be enough precautions... friends I'm not discouraging (actually I'm enthusiastic)... I'm only little bit cautious.
    According to my opinion the following can be the procedure if such source bank ever come to light-
    1. Members interested to interested in the 'source bank" has to register once again himself/herself with full and identity.
    2.a declaration that discussion will be legal and lawful to the best of knowledge and intention without fail.
    3. There should be violence and every post should pass through the forum and open to all only too personal matter can be posted through administrator/moderator.
    4. should be allowed to log in via single ph no.
    (connection in own name/family) or other suitable media which should be registered earlier or obtaining permission from administrator/ moderator
    etc...

7. adil85

adil85 Member

Thanks for your suggesstions. When there is merit, there is demerit also. But for a few blacksheeps we can not postpone our programmes. Rather we have to protect the interest like a computer is protected by a fire wall. I agree with your proposal to re-register for the source bank but with a little deviation. Why should we not think to add the source Bank topic in our board index? May be a problem which appears to be difficult to solve may be solved by another member of the particular department. let us put our first step on the staircase with a view to go high.

8. bruce

bruce Novice

I don't think re-registration would be a good idea. However a biodata of the volunteers may be collected by the Administrator and prepare a list of persons for various departments. Then it will be displayed in this forum by username only (not the personal details) along with departments.

Someone who is in distress may seek opinion or help at this forum. The source bank will take up the case and responsibility may be fixed upon a particular member or a group. If there is any financial involvement that is to be borne by the person who need help (or in some special cases a sponsor).

That's it.

9. keka

keka Novice

What is Source Bank? :confused:

10. adil85

adil85 Member

Kindly follow the earlier posts and you will have a clear idea of this bank. By the way you can also be one member of the source bank provided you work in Government and able to help the community members in genuine cases by expediting their pending matters or by advicing them to proceed on right track. There is no compulsion to do any illegal or adopt any unfair procedure while helping some one. And of course nothing should be done at the cost of the reputation of government or the helping hand.

11. b_roy

b_roy Well-Known Member

@adil85 & bruce: Sorry for being late to give my opinion in the discussion. I agree with both of you. I also, like Adil85, was trying to say some thing like fire wall that will not only protect the interest of the employee but will also protect our mission from 'black' activities of fake people. And I agree with Bruce at this point. An bio-data should be stored (and should ensure its authenticity as much as possible) even if they are not published and may be verified randomly by volunteers of different department, appointed by the administrator of the forum, if necessary. And there is no problem I can see if there is a topic and help is requested publicly, if one desires. But I'm against absolute personal contact bypassing the forum as that might invite corruption.
    Waiting for the beginning...

12. keka

keka Novice

If any financial help is necessary, I shall be very pleased to do so in genuine cases. Thank you b_roy, now I understand "sourec bank".

13. bruce

bruce Novice

Personal contact no. in different posts should be deleted. What are moderators doing here? :mad:

14. b_roy

b_roy Well-Known Member

I think the moderators are doing their best. Hats off to their voluntary effort.
    @ admin: Let's start source bank at least experimentally if possible.

15. SRCPhy

SRCPhy Novice

It's an excellent proposition, but I am also not in favour of dual registration process. Interested parties may simply fill-up their profile in detail and the moderators and administrators can create a thread having the names of the department listed alphabetically with the names of related members.

16. bruce

bruce Novice

This should be implemented as soon as possible. Why are forum management delaying the whole process? Other members are dumb. They should give their opinion too.

17. som

som Inactive Member

Considering all the above, I am requesting admin to create a separate segment of source Bank where the names and departments of the willing members will be available. Members seeking help may post their problem in open or confidential to a particular volunteer. Personal contact should ae avoided and this will be out of any liability of this forum. The intended members should fill their professional data and the aspects on which they can help others. I think some technical help is required in this regard from phpbb.

18. RWITWIK

RWITWIK Novice

i also want to join source bank,,,, plz tell me the procedure,,,, i am an assistant teacher in a higher secondary school & i am in need of you,,,,

19. adil85

adil85 Member

Is there any member in this forum who works in Writers Buildings in Home Police/P&AR and Finance Audit/ PWD? I would also to know whether there is any one from State Administrative Tribunal Salt Lake to guide me regarding some tips and tricks of the Tribunal. I want to be enlightened by them on some matter of common interests for the Govt. Employees. I am eagerly waiting for the responses. Thanks